Council Housing in Bolton - Homes for Bolton
Homes for Bolton
Homes for Bolton operates a choice based lettings service run by Find a Home services. This is a partnership of eight landlords representing approximately 95% of social rented houses in the Borough and providing access to over 24,000 homes for rent in the Bolton area.
The scheme has been designed to create a greater choice for people looking for rented accommodation in Bolton. If you want to rent a home in Bolton you only have to complete one application form to apply for a home to rent from:
- Bolton at Home
- Contour Homes
- Great Places
- Irwell Valley Housing Association
- Places for People Housing Association
- St Vincents Housing Association
- Affinity Sutton
You will need to contact the Find a Home team to register for rehousing in Bolton. This will also give you access to properties advertised through the Pinpoint service.
Telephone: 01204 335811
Address: Find a Home, Homes for Bolton, 1 Silverwell Lane, Bolton, BL1 1QN
Monday 09.00 - 16.30 (closed 12.30 - 13.30)
Tuesday 10.30 - 16.30 (closed 12.30 - 13.30)
Wednesday 09.00 - 16.30 (closed 12.30 - 13.30)
Thursday 09.00 - 16.30 (closed 12.30 - 13.30)
Friday 09.00 - 16.00 (closed 12.30 - 13.30)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where will properties be advertised?
They will be advertised
- on the Homes for Bolton website: see the link on the left
- on posters in local housing offices - a list of housing offices is available on request
- in the Central Library
- in the Town Hall
- weekly in the Wednesday edition of the Bolton News
- How will I know if the property is suitable for me?
Each property will have a short description including the address, the type and size of the property including the number of bedrooms, any special features, the rent and the name of the landlord. There may also be special criteria set (for example, you might have to be over a certain age to live there). Check the address is in an area where you want to live. If the property has special criteria you must check that you meet this criteria before you express an interest in the property concerned.
- How do I register?
You need to print off and complete a registration form to join the scheme. When you have completed and returned this form you will be sent a letter containing your registration date and number. Keep this safe when it arrives.
- What happens if I don't hear anything?
You can find out the results of your expression of interest on the website once the advert has closed, or by phoning the Find a Home team on 01204 335811 on the Friday after the advert has closed.
If you have not been contacted by the Housing Officer you can assume you have been unsuccessful and should continue to check the advert and epxress interest in properties.
- Who can apply to go on the Housing Register?
Anyone aged 16 or over can register on the scheme. Your eligibility will be checked on application. Housing applicants with a current or former debt of £400 or more including rent, housing benefit overpayment and / or rechargeable repairs will be referred to the landlord to whom they owe money and may not be able to register.
Customers with a debt below £400 must establish an agreement to pay and maintain regular payments.
- How do I apply for a property I am interested in?
You can do this in a number of ways:
- telephone the Find a Home team on: 01204 335811
- text the Find a Home team on 07789 031545 with your name, date of birth, registration number, property reference and address
- call in person to 1 Silverwell Lane Bolton
- call in person to any Housing Office in Bolton
- register your expression of interest on the Homes for Bolton website: see the link on the left.
You have a full seven days to express interest in a property from the date it is advertised. All expressions of interest must be received no later than 4.00pm on the Tuesday following the Wednesday advert.
You can express interest in one or two properties in any one advert.
You can also check the Pinpoint website for any properties in Bolton.