|skip to content|

Council rented accommodation in Greater Manchester » Council housing in Oldham - First Choice Homes Oldham

Council Housing in Oldham - First Choice Home Oldham


First Choice Homes Oldham
First Choice Homes Oldham manage the council stock and you can apply for a home through them.

More Information

About 20-25 homes owned by Oldham Council become available for re-letting each week and most of these are advertised on the First Choice Homes Oldham website and in the Housing Options Centre. We also advertise some homes owned by housing associations and all of those managed by Housing 21.

If you are interested in any of the homes advertised you need to bid for them. A bid is to simply let us know that you would like to be considered for the tenancy of a particular home. You can do this through the website (see the link to the left), by phone (0800 328 7788) or calling in at the Housing Options Centre.

The advert runs for a week from Thursday morning and you can bid at any time until 4.30pm the following Wednesday.

Before you can bid, you must complete a housing application form.
Our homes are allocated through Oldham Council’s Allocation Scheme.

Contact Information

Telephone:     0800 328 7788

Email:             housing.options@fcho.co.uk

Address:         First Choice Homes Oldham, 1 Medtia Square, Phoenix Street, Oldham, OL1 1AN

Opening Hours
Housing Options Centre

Monday        9.00am - 5.00pm
Tuesday       9.00am - 5.00pm
Wednesday   9.00am - 5.00pm 
Thursday      9.00am - 6.00pm 
Friday          9.00am - 5.00pm

  • FCHO Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

My circumstances have changed, do I need to let you know?

Yes, you need to tell us about any change of circumstances, particularly persons leaving or joining your household and details of any new address.

Do I need to review my application?

Yes, we will write to you every 12 months on the anniversary of your original application. If you do not tell us that that you want to stay on the housing register your application will be cancelled.

How do you decide who is offered the property?

Most properties are offered to the person who is eligible for the property with the greatest housing need or the highest band for the longest time.

How do I apply for council housing in Oldham?

The first thing you need to do is to join the register by completing an application form. We can help you fill the form in if you wish. Once your application has been assessed you will receive a letter confirming your bidding reference number and the ‘band’ your application has been placed in.

How do I get a new home?

Most properties available are advertised and customers have to put their names forward (this is called a bid) for properties they are interested in. This is to give greater choice as to which type of property and area they are interested in living in.

What is an open door home?

Some of our properties are offered to those applicants who are eligible for the property and have been on the housing register for the longest time, their housing need is not taken into account. These properties are advertised as ‘Open Door’.

What is a Band?

Your housing circumstances and needs will be looked into. There are 4 priority bandings and which one you go into depends on your current housing circumstances.

Please Login

© Pinpoint Housing Options 2015

This service is brought to you by HomeGuide logo