|skip to content|

Council rented accommodation in Greater Manchester » Council housing in Salford - Salford Home Search

Council Housing in Salford - Salford Home Search


Salford Home Search

Salford Home Search is an innovative way of letting properties. This scheme gives you more choice when looking for your new home in Salford. It allows you to search and choose properties suited to your needs.

Salford Home Search aims to give new and current tenants greater choice.

More Information

You can search for homes available to rent in Salford from the following organisations

  • City West Housing Trust
  • Salix Homes
  • St Vincents Housing Association
  • Great Places
  • Harvest Housing Association

Homes are advertised weekly, with new properties being added every Wednesday. You can search online or find out availability from the Salford Home Search Shop.

You will need to register with Salford Home Search to be able to express an interest in properties. You can do this through the Salford Home Search Website or by visiting the Property Shop.

You can also bid for properties in Salford through Pinpoint.

Contact Information

Telephone:           0161 909 6514
Minicom:               0161 909 6527
Emergency Duty: 0161 794 8888
Email:                   salfordhomesearch@salford.gov.uk
Address:               Salford Home Search, Crompton House,
                             100 Chorley Road, Swinton, M27 6ES

As of 13th June Salford Home Search available at Pendleton Gateway, 1 Broadwalk, Pendleton, Salford, M6 5FX
Opening Hours:    Monday      08.30 - 13.00
                             Tuesday     10.00 - 13.00
                             Wednesday 10.00 - 16.30
                             Thursday    13.00 - 16.30
                             Friday        13.00 -  16.30

    Frequently Asked Questions

    How can I register with Salford Home Search?

    You can register:

    What is Salford Home Search?

    This is a way of letting properties in Salford; the idea is to offer the people of Salford greater choice in which type of property and area they would like to live in.

    How can I place a bid?

    Bids can be made in the following ways:

    • By phone to the contact centre on 0161 909 6514
    • Visit www.salfordhomesearch.co.uk
    • In person at Salford Home Search
    • At any local housing office: Salix Homes and City West Housing Trust

    Bids can be placed by the person registered or by their nominated bidder.
    Remember: To bid you must be registered first!

    How does it work?

    This new system means that you bid on any home you are interested in. Each person is placed in a band depending on their housing need. Most properties available to rent through this scheme are also allocated to a band.

    If more than one person bids on a particular property it will be the person whose need, band type and who has been registered the longest who will be successful.

    What is a 'band'?

    A band is a way of sorting people by housing circumstances and needs.

    There are six bands A, B, C, D, M and N.

    For more information please contact the Salford Home Search team who will assist you.

    Please Login

    © Pinpoint Housing Options 2018

    This service is brought to you by HomeGuide logo